About Me

My photo
I'm a home grown Texas girl. Married 18 years now to the most incredible and godly leader of a man that I have EVER met!  And it just keeps getting better! -That's all Christ's doing!  We have been blessed with five boys: Jonah (15), Caleb (14), Matthew (12), Nathan (10), and Lander (3).  We also have a daughter we adopted from China, Kayli (8).  I LOVE being a Mom and am happiest when my whole family is at home working together on a project!  I have also been a home educator going on 13 years now to all my children.  I've been a Christian for as long as I can remember and am so thankful my Lord woos me to Him everyday even still and that He is patient for me to come to the knowledge of His love, grace, and compassion and am humbled that He calls me to be His light to others.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Why We Don't See Miracles

Acts 7:54-60



54 When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him. 55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul.
59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.
            Wow!  I could write like four separate studies just on these six verses alone!  I've chosen to focus on one of the four that popped out at me.

This is such an incredible moment in the movement of the church!
v. 55 "But Stephen, being full of the Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God."

             It is when we are being persecuted at its hardest that we see God in His fullness.  All throughout scripture when people's lives are being threatened for the sake of God, He is present in that situation; either performing a miracle to save them as we see twice in the life of Daniel written in the Old Testament as well as many others throughout the Bible or being present as a source of comfort as we see here with Stephen.  Stephen, in his last moments of earthly life, was in the presence of the Trinity of God.  This helped him focus not on the pain of being stoned, not on the fear of being killed, not on the struggle to fight for his innocence as he was falsely accused, but on the only thing that really matters; his gaze was on the Father, the Son, and he was filled with the Holy Spirit.  -The everlasting and all that really matters.


              Oh! That I would have the humble privilege to be persecuted at such a degree that I might see the glory of God in such a way as I'm ushered into His presence in heaven.  Yes, I know it sounds absolutely senseless and deranged.  But how quick we are to chose an earthly life of comfort over path that leads to woes or martyrdom for the glory of God and all the while we grovel and complain asking God why He doesn't ever reveal Himself through miracles like the ones told in the Bible.  I would venture to say that I believe He still does.  God's work is never broadcasted by the media or the world because, as the Bible says, "this world does not know Me [Jesus]."  Why you don't see those in your own personal life?

Many people long for the chance to witness a miracle but not very many are willing to place themselves in such a harsh situation that they need one.

God, 
I am available.  At whatever cost, I am Yours, for Your glory.  Give me the strength in those harsh moments to be filled with this courage to choose You at whatever cost; to see You and be filled with an everlasting peace that surpasses my current circumstances or the threat that weighs upon me.  May my life be a living sacrifice for You and may I witness a miracle from You in that moment.  Oh, that I might see the glory of your fullness no matter the cost!  You are all that matters.  My life is Yours.  ~ Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment